Highlights of the Curriculum
• Strongly emphasizes on theoretical study and international research.
• Encourages innovations for Thailand 4.0.
• Opens for research topics related to the learners’ current professions or careers.
• Professional advisors with high profie on international publication.
• Strong research supporting team covering wide range of research areas, international exchange possibility.
• Profound record for research collaboration at both national and international arenas.
• Scholarship for research presentation, publication, and manuscript proof-reading.
Covers all areas of 9 research topics*
• Advanced GIS Technology (AGT)
• Applied Network Technology (ANT)
• Advanced Smart Computing (ASC)
• Hardware-Human Interface & Communications (H2I-Comm)
• Logistic and Supply Chain (LSCL)
• Machine Learning & Intelligent Systems (MLIS)
• Natural Language & Speech Processing (NLSP)
• Semantic Mining & Information Integration (SMIL)
• Ubiquitous Computing (UCL)
• International Research Scholarship
• The University and the Department’s partial or full scholarships
• Royal Golden Jubilee Scholarship for doctoral students: ASEAN
• Full or partial scholarship based on ASEAN and GMS Countries Collaboration.
Research Supporting Facilities
• Cloud Computing System
• Databases from Science Direct, Web of Science, Scopus, IEEE, and Springer
• High speed wireless internet
• Personal computer for doctoral students
The students are required to take 54 credits within a duration of 3 years (Plan 1.1: Research Based) The students are able to enroll in a preparatory courses provided for the master degree students.
Be a master degree graduate or is enrolling in the last year of a master degree courses relating to; technology, computer, engineering, information technology or any other courses as approved by the screening committee.
Criteria for Graduation
• Having a research paper published in an international journal* that is compliance to the announcement of Ministry of Education
• Pass a comprehensive test
• Pass standard English profiiency test
50,000 Baht per semester (flt rate)
Seats are opened for 10 new doctoral students each year.
Possible Professional Careers
• University Professors
• Researcher or academic offier at higher education institute and research centers
• Information Technology Specialist
• Information Technology Analysis
First Semester: From January to May
Second Semester: From August to December
Department of Computer Science
Place to Study
Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University
Contact Persons (Course Coordinator)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chakchai So-In (IEEE/ACM SMs)
Ph.D. (Computer Engineering)
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ngamnij Arch-int
Ph.D. (Computer Science)
Dr. Paweena Wanchai
Ph.D. (Business Information Systems)